Pumkin Holler Panna

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Bush For President...Sam that is!

We had the immense pleasure to see Sam and his band perform live in August in Tennessee.
I'm a hack fiddle and mandolin player myself, so seeing Sam perform was like getting a glimpse of enlightenment.
Then to top it off, we got to talk to Sam quite a bit after the show. I wanted to get a copy of his new CD "Laps in Seven", but unfortunatley, Sam said they had only brought like 1500 with them and had just ran out. Sam and his wife apologized profusely and we talked for quite a while. The apology was unnecessary to me though. I'm just happy that they sold all that they brought. I bought another of Sam's CDs and he signed it instead. I've got to say, Sam and his wife were two of the nicest people I've met in quite a while. I recently bought "Laps in Seven" from his website: Sam Bush Web Page
If you're curious about the title of the album, one day Sam noticed his dog Ozzie drinking from his water bowl in 7/4 time. Sam made up a riff to play along, and pretty soon it was a song and the title for the album.
Anyways, thanks Bald Green Guy, for putting me onto Sam!
Here is Sam and Emmylou Harris doing "The River's Gonna Run",the first track from "Laps in Seven". For all you musicians, Sam is playing a 1938 National resonator mandolin (like a dobro guitar, only its a mandolin) in the video:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home