Pumkin Holler Panna

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Gimme, Gimme Shelter


Building our new shed is currently consuming most of my free time (mainly my blogging time).
It's going to kind of look like the one here (one can hope). The floor took the longest time to build as our yard drops off about 18 inches on one corner and about 10 on another corner where the shed is going to be (which believe it or not is about the best place we can put it in our immediate back yard). The floor ended up being a very sturdy structure (way overkill for what we'll be putting into the shed). I thought about using it for a backyard dance floor, but I remembered that I'd already bought the shed kit, plus I really can't dance.
But, the floor is finished and the kit arrived last Sunday. Took two forklifts about 10 minutes to get it in the truck. Took three of us about 45 minutes to get it out of the truck. It started raining, so we were motivated.
The kit I ordered is very good so far. The instructions are excellent and everything is pre-cut (amazingly, to very good spec). So far, I have the wall with the door finished, and the frame for the back wall finished. Unlike the shed in the picture, ours will have the door on the gable side and we will only have two windows and no dormers.
Why am I building this shed? Because our "secure" storage unit was robbed twice within one month. Turns out the security cameras weren't even aimed at the units themselves. I personally feel that it was an inside job, as the people who robbed the units knew exactly where the cameras were and precisely which units they wanted to rob. I wish we didn't need the storage, but we rehab houses and have way more tools, parts and pieces to keep in the garage.
So, I'll soon be able to reclaim the garage for what its intended for...rebuilding old cars, but that's a post for another time.

Peace out,
HBH

4 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger TeH RaTbOy said...

I hope we dont have to make another shed, ugh. That would really bite. Blehh

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Manic The Doodler said...

When you're done with the barn, you can come over and help me with my privacy fence...

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Zeteticus (Mark Dotson) said...

Sounds like a lot of work. Good luck with it.

Z

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Manic The Doodler said...

Hillbilly, I purchased those solid black Chuck's at the Meijer in Englewood, in case you wanted to know...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home