Pumkin Holler Panna

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Top Albums from People or Bands you've probably never heard of, but should


Inspired by my friend Zeteticus's list of his top 10 Albums of all time.
This is more for my edification than anything else, because I love music.
I'm hoping to see some posts that will lead me to new music.
Here are some of my picks (not necessarily in order):

1) Bad Livers - "Delusions of Banjer"
2) Golden Delicious - "Live at the Thirstlaurel"
3) Corey Harris - "Mississippi to Mali"
4) Dead Can Dance - "Toward the Within"
5) Danny Barnes - "Dirt on the Angel"
6) Beatallica - "A Garage Dayz Night" - can't purchase; download at www.beatallica.org
7) Ben Harper - "Diamonds on the Inside"
8) Black Keys - "Thickfreakness"
9) Mountain Heart - "Mountain Heart"
10) Flogging Molly - "Drunken Lullabies"

Sorry if I'm a little heavy on the bluegrass/americana, but that's what I've been listening to a lot lately.
Now, its your turn ... turn me on to some new stuff

-HBH

3 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Manic The Doodler said...

Try:
Rubber Factory - The Black Keys
Straight To Hell - Hank Williams III
Ragged Glory - Neil Young

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Manic The Doodler said...

Just thought of another one that might be up your alley: The soundtrack to the movie "Grizzly Man", the music of Richard Thompson and of course there's the soundtrack to "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?" which I'm sure you may already have and lastly, the soundtrack to "Dead Man" music by Neil Young jamming by himself on guitar...

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Hillbilly_Hotei said...

I forgot about the soundtrack to Dead Man. That's a pretty good one. Fit the theme of the movie perfectly. Haven't heard the music from Grizzly Man. Have to check that one out. OBWART is one of my top 10 movies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home